Image loading speed is very important for you and for me too. Today I’ve signed a deal with our image distribution partner to improve image loading speed. Personally I’m seeing a speed increase in a typical photograph of 3.5MB of 60%.
Our image distribution now has the following upgrades:
- Meta data is removed from the image, reducing the file size (PNG, GIF, JPEG)
- Lossless compression is enabled for GIF, PNG
- Lossy compression is enabled for JPEG
- The WebP version of the image will be delivered to users when their browser supports it. WebP images are on average 26% smaller than the original. WebP was developed by Google to speed up the internet, more info can be found on the website of WebP.
- Large JPEG images are converted to progressive images. Visitors will see an increasingly detailed image as the file is downloaded.
Share your experience with me!
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the messenger in your control panel.