Image loading speed is very important for you and for me too. Today I’ve signed a deal with our image distribution partner to improve image loading speed. Personally I’m seeing a speed increase in a typical photograph of 3.5MB of 60%.
Our image distribution now has the following upgrades:
- Meta data is removed from the image, reducing the file size (PNG, GIF, JPEG)
- Lossless compression is enabled for GIF, PNG
- Lossy compression is enabled for JPEG
- The WebP version of the image will be delivered to users when their browser supports it. WebP images are on average 26% smaller than the original. WebP was developed by Google to speed up the internet, more info can be found on the website of WebP.
- Large JPEG images are converted to progressive images. Visitors will see an increasingly detailed image as the file is downloaded.
Share your experience with me!
You can contact me at [email protected] or via the messenger in your control panel.